Tuesday 18 May 2010

Techniques Class

These are some cards I had great fun making at the techniques workshop I have now been to twice.  The first one we made was using shaving foam and I must admit I was very sceptical but actually love it. 

You spray the shaving foam into a plastic box.  Add some colours from re inkers and then swirl with a lollipop stick.  Once you are happy with the pattern you lay your piece of paper on top and gently rub over the back of it.  Once you are happy with it you lift it off and wipe the excess foam off and leave to dry. 

The first is the sample piece I did.  I actually think this colour way would look great with a rocket or witch silhouette.  The second is my actual card which I then used the Stampin Up Butterfly punch to decorate.



 
The next card we made was using the Brayer technique, gosh that's hard work.  I loved the effect you get and was really pleased with my card I made.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. More gorgeous cards! I'll have to give the shaving foam technique a try, it looks and sounds interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab who would think you could get that effect from shaving foam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I love the brayered one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh i'm intrigued by the shaving foam technique - reminds me of a similar technique using Indian inks in water! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow these are stunning, more like works of art than cards, thanks for sharng xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards - love the shaving foam technique (it takes me back to art classes using ink and washing up liquid) Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fab and I love the tree stamp used in the last one.

    ReplyDelete